About the role:
As part of our growth journey, we are looking for a talented Billing Specialist- Payments & Credits to join our Billing & Operations Team. This role is responsible for ensuring customer credits are minimised and managed within approval guidelines whilst ensuring they are actioned promptly.
You will Liaise with our payment vendor to ensure payments are applied accurately and on-time and also manage customer refunds and non-linked payments. You also will work alongside the Senior Billing Specialist and internal customers to ensure invoicing is completed accurately and on-time. You will be the subject matter expert within the Billing & Payments function which is such a great opportunity!
- Work with the dealer sales team and dealers to thoroughly investigate credit requests ensuring all required approvals are gained
- Produce weekly management reporting
- Work with Arvato to ensure payments are applied accurately and timely
- Ensure Direct Debit payment batches are applied and work to promote direct debit as a preferred payment option
- Investigate non-linked payments
- Manage customer refunds and intercompany bank transfers
- Support the Senior Billing Specialist in business review of monthly invoices
- Creation of manual invoicing & billing adjustments
- Escalation of system related billing issues
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5 years’ experience in finance, business administration and/or collections along with customer interactions via telephone
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer relationship skills, able to manage conversations and negotiate an outcome that is both commercially favourable yet empathetic to the customers needs
- High level of familiarity with the collections / dunning process
- Experience with Salesforce highly desirable
- Proficient in account reconciliation and ability to use Excel to an intermediate/advanced level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with varied groups to deliver tasks
- Natural problem solver - taking a structured approach to collecting facts, logically determining the root cause, and identifying the simplest solution
- Ability to multitask whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Able to provide a superior customer service experience
- Ability to represent the brand with utmost professionalism when interacting with customers
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Competitive compensation package including an annual bonus.
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent Benefits which include health insurance for you and your family!
From the moment you join the Gumtree team we aspire to make your employment experience an awesome and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment, then apply and send us your CV!
Note: successful applicants need to have full working rights for Australia.
No agencies thanks, we’ve got this one covered!
About the company:
At Gumtree, Carsguide and Autotrader we are on a mission to create Australia’s leading multi-category classifieds marketplace, business and finance community forum, and editorial lifestyle network reaching more than 1 in 3 Australian adults every month. Sounds exciting doesn’t it?