For our team in Berlin we are looking for a Data Engineer (d/f/m) for our Transactions Services organization. Our mission is to enable our customers to do the mobility changes that they need (buying and selling of vehicles, including concerns on the way like financing and insuring a car) completely online, and to enable the more than 40.000 car dealers in Germany who are our partners to compete in this increasingly digitized market by providing them top-in-class tools and processes. This specific role is in the C2B team which builds tools and processes for partner dealers that enable them to trade in vehicles from private sellers.
This agile and cross-functional team is equipped with software developers, UX specialists, product owners, analysts and business developers so that it can holistically own and grow this business and develop a product that serves our users’ needs excellently. We are looking for a person who has the technical skills to own data engineering, has a strong business focus and loves to work with passionate and engaged people in one of the world’s leading automotive platforms. Are you this person?
- You are the go-to person for all data needs in your team and you own all relevant C2B business data flows into and out of our data lake / data mesh infrastructures and proactively suggest/drive how data can enable better products and grow our business
- You design, implement, schedule and supervise ETL/ELT pipelines into our data lake and data warehouse while following software engineering best practices
- You are involved in the creation and definition of reports and dashboards to create transparency into current business processes
- You craft clean, accurate, integrated, automatically tested, well-documented, and efficient datasets with a high usability for analysts and business users
- You collaborate with analysts, data engineers, data scientists and product managers across mobile.de and serve as a point of contact for questions regarding the datasets of your business unit and you feel responsible for data quality and proactively tackle issues
- Develop and maintain backend solutions for customer-facing and internal applications and contribute to the team's work with clean, maintainable and testable code and participate as well as lead design and code reviews.
- Completed degree in data engineering, data science, (business) computer science or related field or comparable working experience
- Hands-on experience using big data technologies in cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- You are familiar with building data integration pipelines and commonly used data technologies like dbt, Airbyte, Airflow, Kafka, Spark or BigQuery
- You have knowledge about supporting build and deploy technologies (e.g. Maven/Gradle, Docker)
- You have experience with relational and object databases like MySQL, MongoDB and comfortable with data exploration using SQL and ideally also NoSQL databases
- You have experience with BI tools like Looker, Data Studio or Tableau
- You communicate confidently in English
- Experience with Java/Spring Boot based backend technologies and have implemented and consumed RESTful (micro-)services
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.