What you’ll do:
The Global Privacy team, part of the Legal organisation, is spearheading a transformation in the way people’s data is used to achieve an upward shift in maturity over the next few years.
As a Data Privacy Business Partner for Product Engineering, Technology and Data, you’ll work closely with the Product & Tech organisation to deliver the data privacy strategy through product outputs, as an integrated component of key product teams and domains. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to influence ways of working, develop best practices and evolve the role as we grow together with the company.
- Drive innovation to shape and iterate the Privacy by Design approach and risk framework in a tech context
- Work alongside our Information Security team to support the appropriate management of risk and DPIAs and identify remediation activities to be built in as part of the SDLC
- Collaborate with our Data teams to support the development of the Adevinta data strategy and improve our maturity in areas such as data inventories, mapping and retention
- Develop and lead a data privacy network across the Product and Tech organisation to become a trusted advisor, continuously improving and develoing best practices
- Continuously develop both privacy/legal knowledge and digital capabilities, run training sessions and influence key stakeholders as a go-to contact point for questions on privacy
- Contribute to management reporting on the performance of Product teams, using carefully defined privacy KPIs through oversight/monitoring and securing the implementation of technical privacy controls in the Product & Tech environment
Who you are:
- A creative and proactive problem solver
- An excellent collaborator and teambuilder with good communication skills
- Experience working in Digital/ IT/ Product teams
- At least three years experience working on privacy projects with knowledge of different types of digital technologies that impact privacy
- Experience and qualification in Information Security is desirable
- CIPP or equivalent privacy qualifications also desirable
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.