What you’ll do:
The Global Privacy team, part of the Legal organisation, is spearheading a transformation in the way people’s data is used. We aim to level up in maturity over the next few years and we need smart and solutions-oriented people to create a team to drive this.
As a Risk & Compliance Manager/Specialist, you´ll work closely with both the Privacy team and our Risk & Compliance function to create and implement a Privacy framework across the organisation.
- Contribute to shaping and iterating the Privacy strategy, with a particular focus on risk and compliance
- Work closely with our team of Privacy Engineers, secure the implementation of the framework in Product & Tech teams, ensuring buy-in from Product Managers/ key stakeholders
- Deliver in-person training to Adevinta teams on risk, privacy and compliance management, and develop KPIs to measure and monitor progress
- Design a compliance programme of ongoing Privacy assessments across all Adevinta organisations, planning resource and internal time allocation accordingly
- Procure, where appropriate, external resource to supplement compliance activities and/or obtain specialist input
- Create a suite of management information reports for risk and compliance activities, for both the Chief Privacy Officer and other management boards/committees/stakeholders
- Develop both privacy/legal knowledge and digital capabilities, always striving to learn from both regulatory and industry developments
- This role can be located in any of our Adevinta hubs (Barcelona, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris) with preference for Barcelona because it is where the current team is located.
Who you are:
- Proactive and a creative problem solver
- A keen team player with good communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- At least three years’ experience working in risk/compliance teams and assessment programmes
- An intrinsic curiosity and interest in privacy, together with at least one year’s experience in working with privacy teams and/or privacy-related projects
- Knowledge of different types of digital technology which create privacy impacts (e.g cloud, artificial intelligence etc.)
- A CIPP or equivalent privacy qualification is a nice to have
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.