What you’ll do
The Global Privacy team, part of the Legal organisation, is spearheading a transformation in the way people’s data is used. We aim to achieve an upward shift in maturity over the next few years, and we need smart and solution-orientated people to create a team to drive this.
You´ll be part of shaping and then delivering the future privacy strategy for Adevinta, working with many diverse teams across the organisation to reach our goals.
As our Marketplace DPO, you’ll:
- Contribute to shaping and iterating the privacy strategy
- Lead the rollout of the privacy strategy - and associated roadmap - in France
- Manage and report on all privacy compliance issues for France
- Manage the operationalisation of Privacy by Design in local functions, particularly Product&Tech organization(s)
- Liaise with local regulators and officials in cases of breach notifications, incidents, investigations
- or policy consultations
- Develop and maintain a local network of external privacy contacts from industry, public sector
- and/ or regulatory bodies
- Monitor and adapt to changes in local legislation, industry standards and/ or regulatory
- positions on privacy and the use of data
- Develop and guide teams to support your key activities in France (you will be directly managing
- a small Privacy team, in addition to working with other various stakeholders)
- Identify and shape opportunities for improvements in privacy, specifically in regard to privacy
- Fulfil all other DPO-related tasks as required by relevant local legislation and specifically
- prescribed by GDPR (Article 37)
Who you are
- Proactive. Creative problem solver
- A knack for networking and building social connections
- Excellent collaborator and teambuilder
- Solid diplomacy and stakeholder management skills
- Curiosity and interest in Privacy
- Excellent presentation skills
- People management skills and experience
- CIPP or equivalent privacy qualification (desirable)
- French and English fluent level.
What you’ll get from us
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and moreLunch tickets
- 25 days of holiday + 10/12 extra paid holidays called RTT
- Summer bonus (=1% of base salary, paid in July)
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month across 16 countries.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.