We're looking for a DevOps engineer (d/f/m) for our Engineering Support Team, with strong technical knowledge and the love for new challenges!
In return, we will empower you to make technical decisions and research innovative solutions to help shape the future of our CI/CD solutions and application.
The team runs horizontal, scalable CI/CD solutions and services which are used by various entities of the Adevinta Group around the globe.
The position also involves researching how to support developers to release faster. Scripting, documentation, process definition and automation are recurring tasks, along with collaboration with the Site Reliability team and other technology teams in terms of projects and innovation.
We believe in continuous improvement, automation, and creating opportunities through innovation. We are eager to try out new technologies, and we enable our teams to explore them.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Run resilient hybrid-cloud based Kubernetes clusters with mainly stateful services
- Understand cloud-native design principles and apply and advocate them
- Support the team in migrating legacy systems into Kubernetes
- Operate and maintain our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions in an OpenStack and AWS environment
- Understand the delivery processes of our customers and find ways to optimize and improve CI and CD solutions.
- Lead or contribute to projects for continuous improvement of the products and services of the Engineering Support team
- Interact regularly with other parts of the organization in a proactive and constructive way
- Operate our in-house Mac mini infrastructure for mobile Development including the support and improvement of the CI set up
- Join the on-call rotation to make sure our services meet their SLAs
- Hands-on experience running Kubernetes in production environment (ideally knowledge about the latest Kubernetes releases)
- Experience with GitHub
- Strong experience working with cloud technologies, scaling, load balancing, high availability, reliability of services
- Ability to write and read code and scripts in multiple languages (Groovy, Bash)
- Extensive knowledge about CI/CD systems (Jenkins pipelines, Github Actions)
- Experience troubleshooting release pipelines together with developers
- Good understanding of security and code quality tools (SonarQube, Snyk, Dependabot, etc)
- Nice to have: Experience with provisioning of K8s Clusters (e.g. Rancher, terraform, ansible); handling state (e.g. Longhorn, MinIO, PostgreSQL); migrating services from a legacy cloud environment to k8s and AWS and setting up monitoring through Prometheus, Thanos
- Experience with setting up mobile development pipelines for both iOS and Android.
- A problem-solving mindset and thrive when transforming issues and challenges into Opportunities
- Effective spoken and written English skills
Flexible location around Germany/Netherlands.
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.