As an Engineering Manager - Software (d / f / m), you will facilitate professional growth of your team, and build a healthy working environment. Here, you will coach, develop and inspire a team of 5-8 Software Engineers. Part of this role is setting clear expectations and goals in alignment with the strategic direction of the business.
You will help shape our processes and ways of working in close collaboration with your Tech Lead. Directly in the team or with your peers across the org. We encourage you to contribute to our Communities of Practice, or to take initiative in the continuous improvement process.
It is also important for us that you are part of the team and contribute to hands-on development. We write our services mostly with Java, Kotlin and Spring Boot, and our frontends with React. Our data lives in Kafka, MySQL and Cassandra, and we deploy to Kubernetes and Google Cloud.
- You are passionate about developing people of different personalities and skills
- You have 2+ years of experience in leading, mentoring and coaching team members
- You share our love for learning, and want to work in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You have strong engineering skills with a proven track record of delivering high-quality outcomes
- You know how to design and build effective software, and are familiar with the server- or client-side stack we use
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 28 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.