We are currently building a corporate sustainability team that will define and implement the ESG strategy in Adevinta, so you will have the chance to build a more sustainable future for the company and help build the team that will support this exciting effort!. You will report to the Head of Sustainability and interact with many stakeholders across the business, with different professional backgrounds, personalities, multiple nationalities and extensive expertise on the business.
Description of the job:
We aim at leading the transition towards a more circular economy and more responsible consumption. We are currently setting up the sustainability foundations for the whole company and we have the privilege to shape the future!
- Participate in the definition of Adevinta’s environmental sustainability strategy objectives, targets and responsibilities
- Support development of reporting system on company’s environmental sustainability performance
- Define and manage environmental sustainability strategy detailed implementation plan for the prioritised components of the strategy
- Continuously review and update implementation programmes to improve sustainability strategy implementation effectiveness
- Develop and continuously improve the environmental sustainability performance management tools necessary to the environmental sustainability strategy implementation
- Develop, calculate and monitor all strategically defined environmental targets (namely GHG)
- Develop, monitor, review and update environmental sustainability management system as needed: policies and related procedures development, SOP training content development, SOP training delivery, audit of all procedures’ implementation, and pragmatically support the company to bridge the gaps between the actual practices and the expected standards
- Support all ad hoc environmental sustainability projects, including investors’ questionnaires.
Communication and stakeholder management
- Based on needs, develop communication material on the Adevinta environmental sustainability programmes and performance for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support content for sustainability awareness raising communications within the Adevinta Group (presentation, articles etc.)
- Support communication and attend meetings when needed with internal and external stakeholders on Environmental Sustainability topics. This includes external stakeholders’ inquiries (investors, users, etc.) requests for information on the company’s sustainability efforts, etc.
- Establish robust relationships with all internal and external (policy makers, industry experts, etc.) stakeholders in order to contribute to the creation of a pleasant, healthy and efficient work environment.
- At least 6-8 years of work experience in environmental sustainability
- Relevant academic background (Environmental engineering, Climate Change, etc.) or experience are a must
- A genuine and profound passion for the environment
- Data driven with strong analytical, organisational and project management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills and solid ability to influence people within a multicultural environment
- Strong knowledge of Google Workspace, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in tech company is a plus.
- Proactive and self driven
What you will get from us:
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.