Adevinta’s Global Legal Team is looking for an experienced Head of Legal to support our Benelux business on an interim basis (~6 months, though potentially extendable for the right candidate), which comprises Marktplaats.nl and 2dehands/2ememain.be, Netherlands’ and Belgium’s #1 classifieds platforms respectively.
Adevinta’s legal team is embarking on an exciting journey to transform the delivery of legal services across our Marketplaces and Central and Corporate functions. To achieve this we are investing in technology, automation and people to ensure that our lawyers help drive the group’s bottom line by providing high-value commercial legal services to our business partners. This is a unique opportunity for a commercially minded lawyer to represent the team in a key strategic marketplace based out of our Amsterdam hub.
● providing constructive and solution-oriented commercial legal advice across the Benelux
● working closely with the Benelux senior management team to shape and guide the
business’s commercial legal strategy
● taking responsibility for the business’s day-to-day legal needs (including drafting and
negotiating commercial contracts)
● building a strong rapport and maintaining trusted relationships with stakeholders across the
Benelux business and wider Adevinta group (including tax, privacy, information security,
litigation and IP).
● working with and managing external counsel on strategic projects
● 8+ years PQE at a major international law firm/in-house experience
● extensive experience in negotiating, drafting commercial contracts for marketing, sales, PR, technology and other services (e-commerce/consumer-internet/tech sector experience
● experience in advising on legal and regulatory aspects applying to digital products and
● good interpersonal skills and experience working across disciplines in a matrixed
● strong commercial acumen and balanced approach to legal-commercial risk-taking
● ability to work effectively and flexibly under pressure and deliver results
● attitude and ability to positively shape interactions between Adevinta’s legal function and its
● excellent written and communication skills in English and Dutch (French is a plus).
What you’ll get from us
Competitive compensation package
Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
26 days of holidays
Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.