We are looking for a modern, effective, technology focused lawyer with relevant in house or law firm experience to join our legal team.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with the fast-paced Kijiji business teams and acting as their real-time legal advisor
- Execute operational legal work such as contracts, product counselling, marketing reviews, customer policies, handling disputes
- Work with business stakeholders to understand, structure, negotiate and close commercial agreements
- Carry out product reviews on the business’ web and mobile sites/apps
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts for advertising, marketing, PR, technology and other services
- Working closely with HR on people-related matters
- Providing legal support (including with external counsel, as necessary) to the business on privacy-related and employment-related legal issues
- Independently coordinating with functional stakeholders, including Tax, InfoSec, Finance
What You’ll Have:
- 5+ years of in-house legal experience or relevant experience from a law firm
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and advising on legal issues within the technology industry
- Experience with e-commerce law, ad tech, & data management agreements
- Strong product review skills - ability to manage the rollout of new products, working in cooperation with multiple stakeholders;
- Familiarity with Canadian privacy & employment laws
- Be qualified to practise law in Ontario (other Canadian jurisdictions would be highly beneficial)
What you'll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada and one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital sites. We reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping users find and trade goods and services in their communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team and were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.
Kijiji is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.