The day to day of a Mobile Engineer involves:
Understanding and writing code for native Android apps.
Writing high quality code.
Working within an agile team.
Working with great software engineers collaboratively.
Designing scalable, modularized & testable software.
Writing technical documentation.
Maintaining & Developing new features following best practices and standards.
Clean Architecture Components.
Testing all the things! Testing is a must, especially if you want to avoid those friendly reminders during the code review.
Do you think that the quality of the software you write matters?
We love developing software, and we are looking send to finding a new mobile engineer to help us.
Skills & Requirements
Mobile development experience using Java | Kotlin.
Experience in design patterns, architecture patterns, software design principles (IoC, DI) & SOLID.
Experience in reactive programming (RxJava).
Experience in dependency injection (Dagger).
Experience with the command line (git).
Experience in Unit Testing (Mockito).
Experience in Room and database migrations.
Experience with Firebase (remote config, analytics, performance, etc).
Experience with CI systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, Fastlane).
Experience with Git flow (pull request and code review).
Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
You’re a team player and work well with other teams in the company such as product/design.
You are meticulous about design and user experience because you want to deliver the best service to your customers.
Write efficient, maintainable code for mobile platforms.
Analyse and participate in optimizing UI and make suggestions to backend teams with the goal of achieving efficiency and performance.
You are able to write and speak English (our Engineering Team is in México but our code is in English).
You are interested in building quality software about code and product.
We expect you to have asynchronous communication skills and be able to create working relationships with co-workers across several locations.
You know what Clean Code & who Uncle Bob are!
Big plusses are
- Interest in learning iOS development, architecture flow (objective C / Swift).
- Interest in learning flutter development.
Big pluses are.
- Knowledge/interest in learning Android development (Kotlin)
- Knowledge/interest in design patterns, architecture patterns, software design principles (IoC, DI) & SOLID.
- Knowledge/interest in reactive programming (RxJava/ RxSwift)
- Knowledge/interest in dependency injection (Dagger/ Swinject)
- Experience with CI systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, Fastlane)
- Experience with the command line (git)
- Experience with Firebase (remote config, analytics, performance, etc)
- Experience with Git flow (pull request and code review)
- Participation in Open Source projects
- Functional programming
- Participation in Tech events
Segundamano is the leader in online classified ads in Mexico. Our goal is to provide an easy way to buy and sell between private and professional users, and to help sellers increase their business.
Segundamano is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.