One of our teams responsible for improving the advertising experience is now looking for an Engineering Manager Mobile. Your main responsibilities would be to develop talents and build a healthy working environment. It is also important for us that you contribute hands on to our state of the art advertising technology and be part of the team.
● Coach, mentor, develop and inspire 5-8 (Mobile) Software Engineers
● Having regular 1:1 with your direct reports
● Support hiring and improve its processes
● Hands on contribution inside a cross functional team
● Contribution in one of our Communities of Practice (e.g. Agile, Security, Culture)
- 2+ years experience in People Management, 5+ years in hands-on development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with technical and non-technical people
- Passion for developing people of different personalities and skills
- Love for learning and cultivating that in the team
- Good programming skills in modern Java, Kotlin or Swift
- Passion for Android and / or iOS development, beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity
- Proven experience with the iOS and/or Android platform
- Experience with client/server architectures using HTTP, REST and JSON.
- Understanding of design patterns and layered architectures. Experience in unit testing and UI testing.
- Ability to coach others in a field of expertise
- Knowledge around agile processes and software development lifecycle
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.