We are seeking an experienced Media Strategist to help develop, collaboratively pitch and deliver effective media campaign strategies for our clients and agency partners.
Joining our Strategy & Insights team within the broader Gumtree, Carsguide and Autotrader Commercial Advertising division, this newly created role will suit an ambitious, creative, and data-driven media and marketing professional. You will have the data, tools and support to deep dive into a diverse range of industry categories, leveraging consumer insights from the millions of Australians that visit our platforms every month.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of paid media, digital marketing, and the role of content in influencing consumer journeys, with experience creating and implementing successful full-funnel media strategies in a digital agency, media publisher or in-house marketing department.
Reporting to the Head of Media Strategy & Insights, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our Commercial & Sales teams to deliver client-centric advertising partnerships. You will lead the delivery of tailored brand and acquisition strategies, assist with creating sales and marketing collateral, and drive revenue growth by delivering new category insights and industry thought leadership.
If you have a passion for strategic thinking, creativity, data and insights, we encourage you to apply and become a driving force in taking our advertising business to the next level.
- Work closely with the advertising sales team to deliver client-led media strategies, category insights, and network product solutions that help solve real marketing and business challenges.
- Develop strategic thinking, research, and insights to build brief responses, proposals and proactive pitches across a range of client industries, business objectives and budgets.
- Identify strategic growth opportunities for new and existing clients that leverage our diverse portfolio of brands, extensive reach and growing digital ecosystem of top marketplace, editorial and forum assets.
- Help create and facilitate agency and client workshops to enable strategic conversations that unlock new business opportunities, unveiling client marketing/business problems that our Network can solve.
- Support internal Commercial, Product and Marketing teams to deliver go-to-market (GTM) strategy, implement new business initiatives, create marketing collateral, and grow network revenue.
- Assist with commercial product marketing, planning, events and supplier management.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, competitor activity and market intelligence to help the business continually enhance our offering.
- 3+ years working in a strategy, media planning or digital marketing role
- Preferred bachelor's degree in marketing, media, communications, or a related field
- Experience in media planning and buying, preferably at an agency, publisher or in-house marketing department
- Experience in supporting sales and developing commercial partnerships strategies, including successful market pitching, with an understanding of what’s required to win client briefs/responses
- Experience in generating new insights through data analysis to inform strategic thinking and identify growth opportunities
- Ability to utilise storytelling to influence and persuade, with a capacity to productively negotiate and communicate effectively
- Excellent analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Commercially minded with an in-depth understanding of the digital advertising, media and marketing industry.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Competitive compensation package including annual bonus scheme.
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent Benefits which include health insurance for you and your family!
Gumtree, together with Carsguide and Autotrader, have joined The Market Herald (ASX:TMH) to create Australia’s leading multi-category classifieds marketplace, business and finance community forum, and editorial lifestyle network reaching more than 1 in 3 Australian adults every month.