We are an international team of individuals with a shared interest in utilising software and data to solve problems. By joining us as a Platform Infrastructure Engineer, you can work at the forefront of engineering and DevOps/SRE to make a big impact on our team’s performance - and the products they create.
Within our Platform Infrastructure Engineering team, you will jump directly into preparations for the platform migration from on-premise/GCP to the AWS environment. This is an opportunity to work on high-availability servers, enhance the customer experience through innovation, simplification, Self Service, impact revenue, and expand our team and technologies.
- Collaborate with other teams to work on SRE-related topics
- Build and own the software tools and develop practices to focus on automation across provisioning, integration, observability, and deployment, focusing on highly available services
- Automate and improve development, build, testing and release processes
- Integrate and maintain security tools in the CI/CD pipelines
- Develop monitoring and alerting solutions, debug production-related issues and own the incident and the postmortem process
- Own the instrumentation of common libraries that allow Product Development to interact with our infrastructure.
- Identify observability gaps and improve our stack
- Participate in on-call support, system administration/operations, workflow, and rotation
- Implement and recommend tuning, scaling, and preventive measures
- Excellent understanding of various monitoring and observability techniques
- Working knowledge of Docker containers, Nomad/kubernetes, K8s or equivalent software orchestration and infrastructure tools
- Experience with Microservices and cloud infrastructure on top of AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure.
- Broad knowledge of various schedulers, databases and queues (Elastic Search, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra)
- Experience with languages such as Scala, Java(-like) languages and NodeJS
- A creative thinker who enjoys new challenges, appreciates different perspectives and is willing to experiment bravely
- A team player who is curious, enthusiastic and eager to learn, with a we win together and lose together mentality
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.