Our Barcelona-based C&I tribe mission is “We provide services, tools, expertise, and support to give Adevinta developers a best-in-class cloud-native developer experience. We make it easy and efficient to ship and operate secure, flexible, and scalable solutions for Adevinta’s customers”
The OrkA team is part of the Cloud Platform and is the glue between Continuous Integration and the runtime. It is specifically responsible for Continuous Deployment including advanced deployment features, Kubernetes Abstraction, and our MultiCluster Kubernetes API. Our focus is software development applied to Infrastructure and more specifically to Kubernetes. Our plan for the future is to focus more on technical leverage by transitioning from in-house developed tools to generally accepted industry standards.
Our style: in OrkA we are proud of being a collaborative team in which everybody is important, everybody is empowered, and everybody has a voice. We make decisions together and really practice both “Radical Candor” and “Disagree and Commit”. We support each other and we give our best to provide value for the company.
We are looking for a Technical Leader with knowledge on both development and SRE skills, because the team mainly develops integrations and abstractions on top of Kubernetes. We are looking for an enthusiastic and resilient person. Somebody who can get the technical respect of the team and convince them to follow her/him. Also… we need this person to have the necessary strategic view to define the team technical roadmap.
In OrkA, you will be:
- Designing and developing features related to integrations and abstractions on top of Kubernetes.
- Build and design the Continuous Deployment general Golden Path
- Work on features related with deployment orchestration of both stateful and stateless workloads
- Writing down technical blueprints
- Defining the technical roadmap of the team
- Keeping a healthy balance between new features and attention to the technical debt
- Troubleshooting Kubernetes problems related to deployment
- Performing Kubernetes upgrades following a semi-automated approach
- Providing support for users of our products: troubleshooting, answering questions, and writing documentation
- Proactively addressing potential problems and risks in the products to mitigate them before they are reported
- A real team player who shows a constructive mindset.
- Being able to perform technical designs in the context of integrations and abstractions on top of Kubernetes/EKS/AWS
- Being able to write a correct technical analysis blueprints
- Ability to Mentoring on technical skills
- Proven ability and experience in developing with JAVA, Python and Golang
- Good understanding of development best practices - SOLID principles
- Ability to successfully delegate and avoid micromanagement
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide support for our product’s users, troubleshoot, and answer questions
- Experience in building systems that scale
- Experience with modern CD tools in the market like ArgoCD
- eBSc degree in computer science or relevant experience
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work.
- Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more
The health of our employees is very important to us. Due to Covid-19 all of our employees currently have the option to work from home full-time or, depending on the local situation and government regulations, they may go into the office following all safety protocols. This means that our interviews are currently taking place virtually. We are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and want to ensure that we follow all governmental guidelines and put the health of our people first.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and Leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.