About the role:
We are pivoting into an exciting new direction. We are looking for a Product Designer to help us shape the strategic direction across our key verticals, being Motors, Pets and Jobs as well as in our infinite horizontal categories.
Our Product Designers are responsible for the full product design cycle including strategy, research, design, prototyping and testing. To complement the current strengths in the design team, we are looking for someone who can lead the way in research & testing. This will be roughly 20% of the role. 80% of your time will be hands-on designing in Figma, and collaborating with engineers in the delivery phase.
The ideal candidate is a Product Designer with some experience leading research studies: planning, recruiting, executing and analysing. We expect to hear examples of how your research influenced product and design team decision-making. We also expect you to have directly worked with Engineering in bringing your designs to live.
- Work closely with our Product Manager and Designers to define our product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the research operations for the rest of the Product Design team to work with
- Set the tone on product discovery work such as design thinking, user testing and prototyping.
- Monitor customer satisfaction, success & NPS and track progress against them
- Provide hands-on delivery of design assets, such as concepts, wireframes, prototypes and user interface designs with tools including Figma, Miro and Adobe CS
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for all platforms as desktop, mobile and native apps. ( Android and iOS)
- Work in partnership with the Technology team squads to ensure delivery of roadmaps, prioritising the backlog as well as working to remove blockers and mitigate risks.
- Clearly communicate plans and progress, reporting regular updates and highlighting any issues that need to be addressed.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Proven experience working with marketplaces or eCommerce, a passion for Gumtree be highly advantageous
- Bsc/ Msc in Product, Design, Technology, Marketingor similar
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, you are analytically strong and data savvy.
- A pragmatic can-do mentality, proven to have experience in concept development and delivery
- Strong communication and presentation skills, you don’t stay in the shadows, you have the ability to visualise, shape and communicate in a way that gets buy in
- Above all you are a team player, you thrive by getting things done together!
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Competitive compensation package including an annual bonus.
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent Benefits which include health insurance for you and your family!
From the moment you join the Gumtree team we aspire to make your employment experience an awesome and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment, then apply and send us your CV!
Note: successful applicants need to have full working rights for Australia.
No agencies thanks, we’ve got this one covered!
About the company:
At Gumtree, Carsguide and Autotrader we are on a mission to create Australia’s leading multi-category classifieds marketplace, business and finance community forum, and editorial lifestyle network reaching more than 1 in 3 Australian adults every month. Sounds exciting doesn’t it?