For our local Accounting team, responsible for mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen in Berlin we are currently looking for a Senior Accountant (d/f/m)
In this role you will
- Conduct extensive research regarding the impact to financial statements of potential changes to accounting rules proposed by accounting standards setters and advises senior management regarding same
- Develop, implement and communicate new policies and processes to comply with newly issued accounting standards
- Provide accounting guidance related to proposed transactions to ensure conformity with local country Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Financial Reporting Standards, and company policies and procedures
- Ensure that relevant accounting standards are appropriately and consistently applied
- You are preparing the month-, quarter- and year end closes in line with IFRS and local German GAAP requirements
- You are responsible for preparing the financial statement according to local German GAAP (HGB)
- Reconciliation of VAT return and supporting the preparation of Tax returns
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Managing external financial and tax audits
- Managing and securing of internal (Adevinta Policy) and external (local law) Compliance
- Monitoring of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Alignment between the local and the central team based in Amsterdam
- Certified management accountants preferred
- Bachelor- or Masters degree / MBA Accounting & Controlling
- Fluent in German and English skills (writing and speaking)
- 3-5 years professional experience in roles with a strong focus on Accounting
- Proven operational finance capability; close & compliance experience
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex problems in a clear concise way for the business
- Demonstrate ability to successfully partner and influence with the different levels in the organization
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Navision, SAP or similar consolidating/reporting tools
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de and ebay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
We established our Global Headquarters in Barcelona when Adevinta was created in 2019. Here you’ll find most of our Central Functions teams, although we also have people based in our other main hubs in Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin as well as in our local offices across the globe.
Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.