What are you going to do:
You will be working as a Senior Back End software engineer in the Interactions product development team. The Interactions Domain is focused on the contact between buyers and sellers with a special focus on transactional services: facilitating payments between users, shipping and more services, to make the deal safe, worry-less and delightful for our users. Our platform has a micro-services based architecture, and you will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, with a Product manager, an Engineering manager, Back End Developers, Front End Developers, UX Designers, Architects, Android and iOS Developers, QA engineers as well as a Product analyst, and in collaboration with Business developers, Marketing and Customer Relations. We all work together closely to solve the biggest challenges for our users, for the product and our technology. We experiment often and fail fast. You will not only help us in development, but also in finding improvements, whether to our product or the way we work.
This is why your new job is challenging:
- In development and design of new projects you are a key team member
- You coach junior and medior developers (guiding them through architecture and procedures, being a mentor helping with skills development)
- You are improving development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Together with your colleagues you are brainstorming and applying architectural decisions
- You are responsible for the maintenance and stability of the domain backend infrastructure
- You are a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
- You are working with your international counterparts across our classifieds group
- You are writing unit tests which verify the app in a Continuous Delivery process
Who you are:
- You have 6 or more years of experience in backend development (Java and/or Scala)
- You have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You are fluent in English (written and oral)
- You have strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence a multi-functional team to deliver results;
- You have experience in e-Commerce or high traffic/distributed systems
- You are familiar with the Agile methodology
- You desire to build great products
- You are product and experiment focussed
What you’ll get from us
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.