We are looking for a professional individual to join our team as a Senior Backend Engineer (d/f/m). Our backend services are the heart of Germany's top sustainable classifieds platform. Take this opportunity to directly contribute to our services and improve the experience of millions users. Make responsibilities: drive, monitor and learn with your team. Be focused while playing with tons of real time data, extending our search experience, connecting sellers and buyer, protect our users from fraud. Phenomenal? It's your turn!
- Responsible for developing, releasing, monitoring in production
- Work together with Product and Design to develop the future of ebay Kleinanzeigen
- Keep the platform clean, stable and scalable
- Handle up to 60k request per second while platform is still growing
- Drive your own ideas for code and process improvements
- Ensure quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
- You have a passion for writing clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- At least 3 years of programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework
- Good know-how in object-oriented design
- Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
- Believer in collaboration and a DevOps mindset
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MySQL)
- Ability to mentor others in a field of expertise
- Ideally experience with search platforms (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.