We are looking for a professional individual to join our team as a Senior Backend Engineer (d/f/m). In this role, you will be responsible for developing services for our trust and safety domain. You will be part of a cross-functional team including members from the areas of Product, Customer Service, Analytics and Engineering with the mission "to make our platform a safer place to trade”. This is your opportunity to improve the experience of millions of users and have an impact by building a platform that enables sustainable trade for everyone.
- Work together with Product and Design to develop the future of a safe und trusted ebay Kleinanzeigen
- Keep the platform clean, stable and scalable
- Handle up to 60k requests per second while the platform is still growing
- Drive your own ideas for code, process and product improvements
- Ensure quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
- Bring in your own perspective of how our users’ problems can be solved
- You have a passion for writing clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- At least 5+ years of programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework.
- Good know-how in object-oriented design
- You get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
- Believer in collaboration and a DevOps mindset
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MySQL)
- Ideally operating microservices on public clouds (e.g. k8s and AWS)
- Ideally experience with distributed systems and event streaming (Kafka)
- Ability to mentor others in a field of expertise
- You have a speak up mentality and point out things that are not right in your opinion
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.