We are currently looking for a really experienced data engineer to join our team of engineers in Barcelona. As part of the global Adevinta organization, you will also have the opportunity to learn from and share knowledge with data scientists and engineers across Adevinta. We encourage a diverse, collaborative and creative work environment, where you will develop and push for the state-of-the-art in big data processing at the same time as building reliable and highly scalable services.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and evolve curated datasets for the User, Traffic, Content and Search domains
- Maintain, develop and orchestrate the pipelines that build those curated datasets
- Work with Data Analysts to understand their needs and provide solutions to solve them
- Develop comprehensive data capture, transformation, and visualizations
- Ensure that quality standards and data governance are being achieved
- Share knowledge and provide expert advice to Adevinta engineers on how to best use the data platform tools as well as providing answers to their engineering needs
- Advocate for data governance strategies
Who you are
- A BSc degree in Computer Science (or equivalent job experience)
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills
- Experience with functional programming (ideally Scala)
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Spark, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience with “big data” NoSQL databases design and optimization (S3, Hive, Redshift, Cassandra, etc), AWS or any other cloud platform; SOLID, TDD
- Proven ability and experience developing highly structured computer programs, and interested in learning more.
- Previous experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud platform
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills; technical and business level English is a must
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more
The health of our employees is very important to us. Due to Covid-19 all of our employees currently have the option to work from home full-time or, depending on the local situation and government regulations, they may go into the office following all safety protocols. This means that our interviews are currently taking place virtually. We are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and want to ensure that we follow all governmental guidelines and put the health of our people first.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces that reaches hundreds of millions of people each month through our household name brands across 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our teams are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Paris, Barcelona, Berlin and Amsterdam. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting-edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
The Analytics Enablement team (named BIC), builds state-of-the-art data processing solutions for Adevinta, with an emphasis on volume, velocity, and privacy. We collect event data from our global marketplaces and provide them with low-latency (“realtime”) updates, visitor insights analysis, and targeted advertisement. We’re solving exciting problems at scale while keeping users’ privacy and data security in mind.