We are hiring a highly skilled Senior Data Engineers (d/f/m) to join eBay Kleinanzeigen's Data Enablement Team. As a part of this new foundational team, you will craft and implement our data strategy and build a valuable compliant data landscape benefitting our end users and enabling everyone in our company. This includes building self-service tooling, developing standards, giving guidance and sharing best practices on our way to federated computational governance. You will be in the core of the data platform and help designing it with a modern tech stack. We are following the data mesh approach with a strong focus on productivity of each domain. You will be collaborating closely with local teams as well as central teams, who work on data enablement for all markets across Adevinta.
- Build and design the core infrastructure of eBay Kleinanzeigen’s data mesh in AWS cloud
- Understand the data needs of different teams and help them to produce and consume data
- Develop and maintain cloud-based pipelines for batching and streaming data as well as analytical/machine learning workflows
- Support internal data producers to integrate their quality-checked data into the mesh
- Help data consumers to access data available
- Collaborate with parent company and subsidiaries within Adevinta to align data architecture, governance and management
- Strong experience in designing and building big data and streaming solutions with high-throughput technologies
- Hands-on knowledge building a data lake / data mesh preferably in a cloud environment
- A record of integrating business-critical data from different sources into a common platform including data quality assurance and testing
- Experience and knowledge in data modelling
- Strong expertise in Python and SQL as well as NoSQL solutions (e.g. Cassandra)
- Experience in Airflow and with public cloud (GCP/AWS)
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.