The Senior Regional Financial Controller is responsible for supporting the Director of Regional Controlling in controlling the finance operations of businesses operating within a market segment. This role will be responsible for legal entity financial statements for France supported by the BPO partner and safeguard audit and compliance principles to address gaps and weaknesses, establish risks and ensure adequate controls and reporting requirements are in place.
- Detailed review and submission of Financial Statements prepared by BPO Partner to Market Finance Lead for sign off
- Accountable for legal entity financial statements for France and ensuring compliance with French GAAP requirements
- Interpret P&L and BS variations into meaningful insights, to inform decision making & deliver against key metrics
- Review material accounting entries posted by the BPO Partner
- Review of transaction related reconciliations performed by BPO Partner
- Respond to queries from Market leadership and Group
- Maintain the accuracy of financial reporting, systems and procedures to comply with IFRS requirements and corporate policies to guarantee the integrity of financial results for France
- Partner with external auditors on market specific audit queries and challenges
- Collaborate with market finance teams to ensure accurate financial submissions including accurate accounting treatment for month-end closing activities including accruals, deferrals, cost allocations etc.
- Devise budget methodology and targets for the Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statements and certain areas of the P&L
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to operational methods where appropriate
- Review monthly/quarterly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
- Manage day to day legal entity working capital (debtors and creditors)
- Ability to create strong relationship with BPO Partner as one of the main business partners
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA (or equivalent) qualified accountant
- Experience working with a large, global finance team or professional services firm
- Excellent financial acumen and analytical thinking
- Strong working knowledge of SAP S4 & OneStream capabilities
- Competent in financial modelling and planning with ability to present budgets to senior management
- Specific industry knowledge in technology & online business retail
- Proven success in influencing strategic business decisions & driving significant
- improvements to business performance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge & collaborate
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence decision-making among senior stakeholders within a matrixed environment
- Excellent Google suite skills (advanced in Excel/Spreadsheets)
- Familiar with IFRS
- Fluent English and French is essential
- Willingness and ability to travel (25%)
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide flexible hours and remote working options that give you the autonomy and scope to set your own agenda and working patterns. We empower our teams to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of mandating a fixed number of office days.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces that reaches hundreds of millions of people each month through our household name brands across 16 countries.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and Leboncoin in France, our teams are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
We established our Global Headquarters in Barcelona when Adevinta was created in 2019. Here you’ll find most of our Central Functions teams, although we also have people based in our other main hubs in Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin as well as in our local offices across the globe. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.
Within Finance we act as a trusted business partner protecting, creating, and driving sustainable stakeholder value through one innovative team, while creating a controlled and protected environment with accurate and timely financial information safeguarding the company with integrity with robust compliance and controls.
The Group Control and Reporting team oversees the group accounting function of Adevinta, ensuring that group accounting records are kept appropriately and that reported results comply with group accounting standards. The team will be responsible for leading the submission and sign-off of financial statements.