What are you going to do:
You will be working as a Senior Frontend software engineer in the Interactions product development team. The Interactions Domain is focused on the contact between buyers and sellers with a special focus on transactional services: facilitating payments between users, shipping and more services, to make the deal safe, worry-less and delightful for our users. Our platform has a micro-services based architecture, and you will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, with a Product manager, an Engineering manager, Backend Developers, Frontend Developers, UX Designers, Architects, Android and iOS Developers, QA engineers as well as a Product analyst, and in collaboration with Business developers, Marketing and Customer Relations. We all work together closely to solve the biggest challenges for our users, for the product and our technology. We experiment often and fail fast. You will not only help us in development, but also in finding improvements, whether to our product or the way we work.
Our tech stack:
- React (with Hooks and server-side rendering),
- HTML5, CSS3 (SASS, CSS modules)
- Jest, Mocha, Chai & Sinon
- Node.js, Express.js
- npm, Webpack & Babel
- experience with Handlebars, Backbone, WebComponents and jQuery is a plus
This is why your new job is challenging:
- In development and design of new projects you are a key team member
- You coach junior and medior developers (guiding them through architecture and procedures, being a mentor helping with skills development)
- You are improving development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Together with your colleagues you are brainstorming and applying architectural decisions
- You are responsible for the maintenance and stability of the domain backend infrastructure
- You are a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
- You are working with your international counterparts across our classifieds group
- You are writing unit tests which verify the app in a Continuous Delivery process
- You have extensive experience in software development in online or related areas (6+ years)
- You have knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems.
- You are familiar with the Agile methodology
- You have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written)
- You have strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence a cross-functional team to deliver results;
- You love to develop high quality, performant, maintainable and testable applications:
- You seek to find and help fix stability, scalability, performance issues, cross-browser compatibility, Web standards, and interoperability.
- You own major projects and features from design phase to coding, testing, delivery
- You have a solid grasp and experience with MVC and OO design.
- You are proficient using source control systems (Git)
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to get things done
- You like to come up with innovative solutions to problems, while also thoroughly considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 26 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe