What you are going to do:
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will work on our high-availability infrastructure, improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team and technologies. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats.
- Play a key role in the development and design of new projects
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers, guiding them through architecture and procedures, and helping with skills development
- Collaborate with your colleagues to make and refine architecture decisions
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
Who you are:
- You’ll have at least 6+ years of full-time experience in software development with knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems
- Passionate about Agile development with a desire to take a leading role in improving how we work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be a strong collaborator with the ability to lead a cross-functional team to deliver results
- Able to develop high quality, maintainable and testable applications
- React (with Hooks and server-side rendering)
- HTML5, CSS3 (SASS, CSS modules)
- Jest, Mocha, Chai & Sinon, Node.js, Express.js, npm, Webpack & Babel
- Experience with Handlebars, Backbone, WebComponents and jQuery is a plus
- Keen to own major projects and features from design phase to coding, testing, delivery
- Have a solid grasp and experience with MVC and OO design and competent using source control systems (Git)
What you'll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holiday
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.