You'll work on our high-availability infrastructure, improve customer experience through innovation, impact on revenues and advance our team and technologies. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats. There is the possibility to contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle: from design to implementation to release and monitoring.
- Be a key team member in development and design of new projects.
- Coach junior and mid-level developers (guiding them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development).
- Consider architecture decisions with your colleagues and help work them out.
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.).
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements.
- Work with international counterparts across the worldwide Adevinta Group.
- You’ll have at least 6+ years of full-time experience with knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems.
- You are entitled to work in the EU (EU citizen, in possession of VISA, residence permit etc.)
- You are passionate about agile development, a with a focus on delivery, and a desire to take a leading role in improving how we work.
- A strong collaborator with the ability to influence a cross-functional team to deliver results
- Experience with Handlebars, Backbone, WebComponents and jQuery is a plus
- Able to find and help fix stability, scalability, performance issues, cross-browser compatibility, Web standards, and interoperability.
- Keen to own major projects and features from design phase to coding, testing, delivery
- Has a solid grasp and experience with MVC and OO design, and competent using source control systems (Git).
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation.
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus.
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer.
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes.
- 26 days of holiday.
- Commuter allowance.
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage.
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.