We are seeking 2 professional individual to join our team as a (Senior) Fullstack Engineer (d/f/m).
In this role, you will be part of a cross-functional product development team. You will work with a team of Product Managers and Team Leads and guide the team to develop the optimal product for our users and operations teams.
About the team:
You will be joining our Online Car Buying business unit where we strive to ensure that every consumer can realize their individual mobility change online with confidence and trust. As part of this creative and agile business unit, we together have the opportunity to drive mobile.de's strategic ambition to extend its footprint and help consumers and dealers to trade cars fully online!
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain frontend and backend solutions for consumer-facing applications.
- Together with your cross-functional team, take ownership of the entire development lifecycle, from requirements specification, implementation, test automation and quality assurance to deployment and monitoring.
- Partner closely with product and business to find pragmatic solutions to our customers' needs.
- Contribute to the team's work with clean, maintainable and testable code and participate as well as lead design and code reviews.
- Actively contribute to shaping the business, culture and way of working of the new Digital Marketplace squad.
- Think outside of the box and suggest innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- You are a passionate and experienced frontend developer or backend developer.
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (React.js or similar technologies).
- You have experience with up-to-date CSS technologies (CSS3, CSSnext).
- Experience with Java/Spring Boot based backend technologies; NodeJS is a plus.
- You understand the relevant supporting technologies like Webpack, Express.js
- You can drive test automation both in the frontend and backend.
- Agile development methodologies and continuous improvement of your team are your preferred way of working.
- You have a pragmatic mindset and a can-do attitude.
- You are able to multitask, work with minimal supervision, and willingness to help team members.
- Experience with A/B testing tools (such as Optimizely) and tracking/analytics tooling (Google Analytics and/or backend tracking) is a plus.
- Communication is key, and you can communicate context-specific and to the point. You have excellent interpersonal skills, and you can collaborate closely with people across the global business and cross-functions.
- You are proficient in English. German is a plus.
What you'll get from us:
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in our new office Berlin-Charlottenburg together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new.
As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers.
As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.