How can we help buyers and sellers trust each other? What information is most important for buyers when purchasing a car? How can we measure a user’s satisfaction with a new offer?
Do these questions sound exciting? As a product analyst, you will drive better user experience by formulating the right questions and then figuring how to answer them using data analysis, machine learning, modelling, and continuous experimentation.
Marktplaats is organised around multi-functional product teams which consist of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers and marketers. The Product Analytics team supports the product teams, leading data-driven mentality and helping to build and evaluate new products.
What you’ll do
Find opportunities to improve our product by analysing user behaviour.
Design and set up experiments, recommend solutions and alternative solutions that enable us to understand where to focus our efforts.
Validate the impact we make with new initiatives.
Visualise and communicate your findings to product teams and other partners.
Work with product teams to define key experiment metrics and KPIs.
Experience in an analytics or data science environment.
Strong background in statistics, computer science, econometrics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
Knowledge of Python and/or R.
Proficiency working with large data sets. Good knowledge of SQL. Familiarity with Hadoop and/or Spark is a plus.
Experience working with cloud-based data tools is a plus. Experience with articulating product questions and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
Familiarity with experimentation (A/B testing)
Capable of translating analysis results into business recommendations.
Real hunger & curiosity for understanding user behavior.
Creativity, initiative and drive.
Superb communication (written/verbal) and presentation abilities in English.
Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
With over 8 million unique visitors and 5 million monthly new ads, Marktplaats is the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. This is not enough as we want to go even further - we are constantly evolving our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us.