- Work as part of product squads focusing on our strategic categories, including Motors, Pets, Services & Jobs.
- Own and be responsible for every aspect of the product design process, from conceiving initiatives, strategising, researching, designing, to testing and working with multidisciplinary teams to efficiently identify opportunities, and craft product solutions that are feasible to the business and intuitive to our customers
- Work with and build meaningful relationships with a cross functional team including product managers, engineers, and other specialists in the business to ensure product features are efficiently crafted and launched.
- You will provide hands-on delivery of design assets across all channels, such as concepts, wireframes, prototypes and user interface designs with tools including but not limited to Figma, Miro and Adobe CS
- Facilitate design discussions and workshops.
- Working closely with the Chief Product & Designer Officer to drive the vision and strategy for Gumtree
- Contribute to the design practice by coaching and mentoring our Product Designers
- Minimum 5+ years of UX experience working with product and tech teams
- Bachelor's degree in design or similar
- Proven experience working with marketplaces or eCommerce platforms will be highly beneficial to our team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS)
- You have experience facilitating the discovery of opportunities
- You’re experienced using existing design systems, as well as building and maintaining them
- You use qualitative and quantitative data as part of your process
- Comfortable with coaching junior-mid designers and supporting them with their career development
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Competitive compensation package including an annual bonus.
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent Benefits which include health insurance for you and your family!
No agencies thanks, we’ve got this one covered!
From the moment you join the Gumtree team we aspire to make your experience an awesome one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative environment, then apply and send us your CV!
Note: successful applicants need to have full working rights for Australia.
At Gumtree, Carsguide and Autotrader we are on a mission to create Australia’s leading multi-category classifieds marketplace, business and finance community forum, and editorial lifestyle network reaching more than 1 in 3 Australian adults every month. As part of our growth strategy , we are excited to be looking for a Senior Product Designer, to join the Product & Design Team here in Sydney.
Our design team is responsible for the full product design cycle including strategy, research, design, prototyping and testing. Our team members value the ambitious spirit, the “can-do” attitude, and respect each other’s contribution.