We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a (Senior) Product Manager (d/f/m) Native/ Mobile Apps.
About the team:
At mobile.de, we strive to create extraordinary user experiences by building products for people’s automotive lives that meet the highest level of quality and exceed market expectations.
In this newly formed position, you will be a crucial part of our “Finding Squad” nested within our Consumer Core Classifieds team. From a product perspective, you will shape our way forward in our native app evolution. You are already appreciative of the fact that the native app industry is evolving quickly and so are the accompanying challenges; to this effect you understand the importance of keeping up with technical and technological requirements, adapting our products to match the same, etc. Your prior expertise in native app product development, a good sense of user needs and business requirements are crucial to success. We are looking for someone who is keen to follow the industry and is willing to stay abreast with the latest trends. An ideal candidate is able to translate both external and internal requirements into strategic product and/or architectural decisions together with our lead iOS and Android developers.
Create a holistic vision for our native applications together with our customer-facing feature teams and possibly yet another dedicated native app platform technical team.
In addition to core product functionalities that you would be responsible for, other capabilities such as login, app health metrics and functional excellence could also potentially be a part of your work.
Bring together the iOS and Android perspective and foster collaboration among both major native platforms
Be a great collaborator with feature team product managers, making sure their vision can be fulfilled.
Understand the native app environment with all its challenges and develop strategies to take our products and product features to the next level.
- At least 3 to 5 years of digital product management experience
- 3+ years of engineering experience, ideally in iOS or Android or both
- Sufficient technical understanding of the iOS and/or Android platform and ability to challenge the status quo
- Some level of subject matter expertise in native app development and the industry.
- Ability to translate customer needs and business requirements into technical solutions
- Self-starter and very hands-on mentality
- The ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You make sophisticated and technical topics easily understandable to various stakeholders
- Fluency in English, German is an advantage
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.