About the team
The Global Data & Search product teams innovate and build products ranging from personalized, complementary and similar listings recommendation systems, to search ranking models, to user profiling and segmentation services, to performance statistics engines, to AdTech and others to offer our end users and partners to create perfect matches on our marketplaces. The marketplaces in the eCG portfolio fuel the global data platform with rich behavioral, content and user data on which we rely to build global services.
The Ad Growth and Monetization team is one of these teams with a mission to enable our marketplaces across the globe to sustainably grow and monetize the Classifieds ecosystem by creating value for sellers and advertisers.
About the role
As the leader of the Ad Growth and Monetization team, you will develop and grow a highly impactful team, expand and influence the portfolio of data capabilities and applications to create best-in class seller experiences. The ideal candidate has a passion for developing and retaining talent, ability to architect quality data and ML solutions, and work effectively with various local and global partner teams.
You will lead a strong team of data and ML engineers and data scientists to develop large-scale ML and analytics capabilities, and contribute to the transition of the team’s portfolio from on-premise towards a public cloud managed/serverless infrastructure.
The position is part of the Global Data & Search org’s leadership team, influencing our data strategy and its execution, as well as driving a data-informed culture across our teams.
Who you are
- First and foremost a people person: exhibiting assertiveness, empathy, influence, fairness, honesty and humbleness
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of end-users problems
- Experience in software development lifecycle: agile, lean startup, scrum, kanban, OKR, etc.
- Leadership: influencer, change driver, people & org developer, strategic thinker
- Technical skills: familiar with running a global data organization, offering capabilities and services like event collection, stream/batch pipelines, data mesh and the pros/cons connected with such infrastructures at massive scale
- Ability to understand and review code and architect and design of capabilities and services
What you’ll do
- Work with product, data science, partner teams, and leadership to identify promising new applications for ML in the inventory growth and monetization domain and then set up and execute on these projects.
- Maintain strong ties to your partner and stakeholder teams to align project timelines, address challenges that arise, and to maintain alignment on goals and plans.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for your team to ensure we are building best in class solutions and capabilities.
- Help guide the design, architecture and development of complex ML systems to ensure they are designed for scalability and low latency.
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced environment.
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge ML solutions, designs, and algorithms.
What we look for
- 2+ years of management experience in Data Engineering or related area
- You have experience building software products from kick-off to ship
- Experience managing or leading cross-functional distributed engineering teams, which build solutions handling very large volumes - every day our APIs receive hundreds of millions of requests
- Experience in data modeling, data science and MLOps
- Experience using big data technologies (Spark, EMR, BigQuery, BigTable, Cassandra, Flink, Dataflow, Kafka, Kinesis, Athena, Databricks etc.)
- Experience in public cloud ecosystems (preferably GCP and/or AWS)
What we offer
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organization
- Competitive compensation with benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans.
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidized gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and Leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people and whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.