Are you driven, ambitious, and inventive? Do you like to have fun? We love that culture and strive to nurture it every single day! We believe strongly in a culture of mentorship, support and mutual respect for all members of our team.
As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll work on a full stack focused delivery team building new and exciting experiences for Kijiji users. You will be working in an Agile environment and using cutting edge frameworks and tools to craft code that delights users, as well as create tools that betters the system and supports our business.
What You'll Do:
- Work with your team to deliver well crafted, high quality, well-tested and scalable code.
- Participate in sprint planning and grooming sessions as an active member of the team.
- Work with product and UX to build features that improve our product and delight our users
- Find a balance between short-term delivery and long-term scalability goals.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by tackling tech debt, conducting code reviews, initiating refactoring and improving build and test systems
What you'll have:
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Deep understanding of modern React
- Knowledge and experience with common web technologies (HTTP, REST, OAuth, CSS, GraphQL)
- Experience with Server Side Rendered frameworks like NextJS
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Effective oral and written communication skills
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We're reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada and one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital sites. We reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping users find and trade goods and services in their communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team and were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.
Kijiji is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 14 countries.