We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher (d/f/m) to help explore our user needs, craft our products and the future of eBay Kleinanzeigen.
As part of the UX team, you will collaborate with a group of passionate UX Designers, Researchers and cross-functional product teams. Providing substantial insights for all parts of our business is our purpose! Delivering high-quality research and keeping insights needs of Stakeholders in mind is our business!
- Help establish empathy for our users and identify the perfect balance between user and business value, between pragmatism and quality in research
- Identify appropriate methods and accompany your stakeholders with research for their decisions from early discovery down to measuring the success of a release
- Design, conduct and analyze qualitative research projects, including field observations, remote or in-person interviews and usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative research, e.g. user surveys
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to empower user-centric product decisions and team up with different partners within eBay Kleinanzeigen to ensure transparency and alignment
- Manage Research Ops together with partner vendors who, e.g. help us recruit or manage our in-house panels
- Mentor colleagues on UX and research practices to enable them to conduct own studies
- Help implementing quality standards, processes, and long-term UX Research goals
- Liaise and align with other researchers and analysts at eBay Kleinanzeigen and the Adevinta Group about best practises and available user insights
- At least 3 years of experience as a UX Researcher
- Preferred: Master’s degree in HCI, Design, Cognitive Psychology, Social Sciences or a related field
- Knowledge and experience conducting in-house UX research for mobile applications and websites in agile environments
- Strong in qualitative and quantitative research methods, analysis and documentation
- Highly effective presentation, empathic communication, and influencing skills to bring the voice of the customer to life
- Preferred: Knowledge in Analytics, computer-assisted text analysis and customer experience metrics, such as NPS, CES and CSAT
- Fluent German and effective English communication skill
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!)
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.