For our data platform team we are looking for a highly committed Team Lead Data Platform (d/f/m).
As a leader with a passion for people and data alike you empower the team to deliver data solutions that make a difference for our company. The team is the owner of our data lake and is a key driver of our data mesh transformation. Together with the other data engineering teams at mobile.de and all of Adevinta you will design and build the data infrastructure, data pipelines and data culture that makes us successful.
As people, we are passionate about data and technology – but we also have a good sense of fun and enjoy working together to push our company’s limits! So we are looking for a team lead who has the same drive and complements our team.
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of outstanding data engineers. You help your team members grow and contribute to the success of the business.
- Together with your team design and build a fast-access, integrated, cloud-based data mesh solution that is used by people throughout the organization.
- Build a unified framework integrating heterogeneous user data to fuel our data products - at the end of 2023 we want every analyst and data scientist at mobile.de to use your solution!
- Be a close partner for Data Product Teams to find pragmatic solutions for our customer needs.
- Actively contribute to and shape our data strategy, culture and ways of working, through both people management and software development work.
- You have experience in leading big data platform teams and you embrace the concept of servant leadership
- You are a senior/lead developer in data engineering; (data lake)
- You are a good communicator with the ability to consolidate requirements from multiple stakeholder teams
- Hands-on experience with our tech stack (Spark, Scala, Kafka, NoSQL, Cloud Native technologies on GCP and AWS)
- Knowledge of data architecture and experience in establishing a successful company-wide data platform are a big plus
- Professional English and German skills
- Eligibility to work in the EU
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.