This is what you are going to do
Inspiring our users with great recommendations. Using machine learning to optimise the search experience of buyers. Leading data scientists in improving the quality of our models and collaborating with data engineers to improve our MLOps maturity.
Does this sound exciting? As a tech lead data science, you are in the lead of the code base and quality of our exciting machine learning solutions. Together with the data scientists, you develop these data products that improve the user experience on our platform. Next to this, you maintain and develop best-practices in the data science team and collaborate with the data engineering team to improve our development speed and MLOps maturity.
You will work with one or multiple multidisciplinary teams with data scientists, data- and backend engineers. Together you are responsible for building and improving these models that have impact on millions of users. As tech lead data science, you take a leading role within and across teams to ensure high quality solutions.
This is why your new job is challenging
* You build machine learning models that impact millions of users, from data exploration through model selection and evaluation to implementation
* You work on interesting products, like recommendations or search ranking
* You take the lead in designing new products and ensuring high standards for our machine learning solutions and code
* You maintain and develop best practices in the data science team
* You align with the data engineering team and central data teams
* The way of working in the team is elevated because of your contributions to our data capabilities
* You partner with the data science and product managers to prioritise and evaluate roadmaps
* You coach other team members
* You are part of a global data community
This is why you are the best candidate
* You have a strong drive to create quality machine learning products
* You have experience with Machine Learning, and have knowledge of e.g. NLP, clustering, recommender systems and/or ranking algorithms
* You have 4+ years of experience in python and extensive experience in bringing models to production and improving them
* You have experience in leading the development of ML products, ensuring coding standards and best practices and improving the quality and speed of data science work
* You have experience with big data technologies, tools and languages, e.g. Spark, MLFlow, Airflow
* You have great communication and collaboration skills
* Preferably, you have a degree in computer science or related field
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
What we do and are proud of
Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium are part of the Adevinta Group. The 3 brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region - with over 11 million monthly unique users. We run on both Android, iOS apps, and on the web. For consumers, we offer people the opportunity to trade their surplus products - contributing to a greener, circular economy. For businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the largest brands in Benelux - we offer a platform to showcase their goods and services online to a large audience - a hugely important factor which has helped contribute towards the survival of many businesses as they adapt to new online strategies in these covid times, and in post-Covid paradigms of the future.